Minnie Butte Ranch
$14,000,000 | 11,405.53± Acres
Clayton, New Mexico
Minnie Butte Ranch
Address: 44 Tramperos Rd.
City/ST/ZIP: Clayton, New Mexico, 88415
County: Union County
Lifestyles: Cattle, Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetail
Are you looking for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to own a legacy ranch? For the first time in over 80 years, Minnie Butte Ranch is offering the opportunity for just that. This working cattle ranch boasts of 11,405.53+/- acres of pure excellence with a state lease of 2,990 acres and a private lease of 320 acres. The land offers numerous drainages, arroyos, mesas, expansive grassland. The primary name-sake of the property is the stunning and iconic landmark, Minnie Butte.
Along with its fantastic ranching capabilities are its equally excellent hunting opportunities. Food plots and blinds are set to perfection to ensure the ability to harvest trophy animals. This ranch has been managed for animal quality, only harvesting limited numbers to ensure trophy animals. A stand-alone, enclosed blind overlooks the cottonwood-lined, 3- acre food plot. A 10,000-gallon storage tank feeds several stock tanks throughout the ranch, providing water for livestock and wildlife. Several ponds/dirt tanks are scattered throughout the property as well making this a water-rich area.
The ranch is currently a cow-calf operation and has run yearlings in the past. The livestock working facilities include ten pastures, working pens, two scales, and a loading chute.
The immaculate adobe-style house is the headquarters of the ranch, with four bedrooms and four bathrooms. The exposed beams show true adobe character. Tile flooring throughout the home and kiva fireplaces in the living room and master bedroom create an authentic southwest feel. There is a large game room with a balcony overlooking the sprawling property.
- 11,405.53+/- acres
- Vegetation includes pinons, cottonwood, and native grasses.
- Elevation 4,700-5,000 feet
- Three-acre food plot along Tramperos Creek
- Tramperos Creek 2 miles long (Seasonal)
- Del Muerto Creek 5+ miles long (Seasonal)
- Mesita Creek 1 mile long (Seasonal)
- Ten pastures
- Stock tanks
- Supports up to 400 head of pairs or 1200-1400 yearlings.
- Beautiful 3,496 sq ft adobe-style house with four bedrooms and four bathrooms
- 64x40 Quonset
- Working pens
- Two scales
- Two loading chutes
- 36-ton overhead bulk feed bins - three 12-ton compartments
- 10,000-Gallon water storage tank
- Several water wells
- Active CO2 wells - Seller to retain
- GMU 59
- Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetail Deer, Antelope, Turkey, Bear, and Mountain Lion hunting
- Over-The-Counter licenses for Antelope
- Over-The-Counter licenses for Deer
- Over-The-Counter licenses for Elk
- Clayton Lake State Park is a state park of New Mexico, featuring a 170-acre recreational reservoir and a fossil trackway of dinosaur footprints. It is located 15 miles north of Clayton. Grasslands with many dinosaur footprints & areas for camping, fishing & hiking.
- Kiowa National Grassland is about 67 miles from Clayton, offers hiking and camping opportunities.
- 2 hr 19 min (135.5 mi) to Las Vegas, New Mexico
- 1 hr 20 min (74.2 mi) to Dalhart, Texas
- 2 hr 27 min (148 mi) to Amarillo, Texas
- 2 hr 11 min (141 mi) to Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport
- 2 hr 28 min (146 mi) to Guymon, Oklahoma
Still looking for the perfect property? Reach out to us today and let us help you.