Burro Canyon North
Burro Canyon North is located in Southern Colorado and has scenic views of the area, including ridges, meadows, and valleys, and views of the Sangre De Cristo Mountain range, and Spanish Peaks and Fishers Peak. There is a modest amount of tree coverage and a seasonal creek that eases through the Southwest corner of the ranch. Burro Canyon North is just minutes away from the town of Trinidad, Colorado. Game Management Unit 85 is known for abundant Mule Deer, Elk, and other wildlife, allowing great hunting opportunities for hunting enthusiasts. There is a large, hilly, historic downtown district that has everything needed to enjoy a vibrant city life while maintaining its small-town charm. Trinidad is southernmost town on I-25, roughly thirteen miles from the New Mexico border, which is an ideal base for exploring the region.
- 320 +/- Deeded acres
- Elevation 6,500 ft. - 6,800 ft
- Access is through a maintained, partially paved County Road
- 0.9 miles of Seasonal Creek
- GMU 85
- Elk, Deer, Bear, Turkey, and Mountain Lion hunting
- Over-the-Counter Archery Tags for Elk
- Over-the-Counter Rifle Tags for Elk 2nd and 3rd season
- Nearby Monument Reservoir is a popular fishing destination with rainbow, brown and cutthroat trout and kokanee salmon.
- Other nearby recreational activities include skiing, snowboarding, hiking, and mountain biking. The area is also a top destination for fly fishing.
- 22 minutes to Trinidad, Colorado
- 37 minutes to Raton, New Mexico
- Two hours and 4 minutes to Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Three hours and 10 minutes to Denver, Colorado
- Two hours and 5 minutes to Colorado Springs Airport