Burro Canyon South
With 235+/- acres of rolling hills, Burro Canyon South offers scenic views of rock-face cliffs scattered around the property's edges, creating beautiful backdrops below the majestic views of the Spanish Peaks and Fisher Peak. Burro Canyon South is located in Unit 85, is known to hold Elk, Mule Deer, Turkey, and Bear. Roughly 1.6 miles of seasonal creek runs through the ranch. The property has moderate coverage of pinons, various scrub brush, and varying terrain with abundant open meadows. Burro Canyon South has year-round access and is easy for lots of outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy, whether hiking, riding ATVs, or hunting.
- 235 +/- Deeded acres
- Elevation 6,360 ft. - 6,580 ft
- Access is through a maintained, partially paved County Road
- 1.6 miles of Seasonal Creek
- GMU 85
- Elk, Mule Deer, Bear, Turkey, and Mountain Lion hunting
- Over-the-Counter Archery Tags for Elk
- Over-the-Counter Rifle Tags for Elk 2nd and 3rd season
- Nearby Monument Reservoir is a popular fishing destination for Rainbow, Brown and Cutthroat trout and Kokanee Salmon.
- Other nearby recreational activities include skiing, snowboarding, hiking, and mountain biking. The area is also a top destination for fly fishing.
- 22 minutes to Trinidad, Colorado
- 37 minutes to Raton, New Mexico
- Two hours and 4 minutes to Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Three hours and 10 minutes to Denver, Colorado
- Two hours and 5 minutes to Colorado Springs Airport