Charming Riverview Home in Crested Butte, CO
Come experience the RIVER VIEWS VICTORIAN-STYLE CHARM located in the heart of CB South's River Rim subdivision. As you pull up to this quintessential home, you're greeted by the white picket fence leading to the large covered porch. Your eyes are drawn to the wrap-around covered deck that starts on the side of the house and leads around the back and other side. The property is 1/2 acre and the house sits on the back ledge of the property in order to capture the captivating sights and water rushing sounds of the East River below. You're sure to spend countless hours relaxing on the covered porch enjoying the tranquility of the river and the backdrop of the mountain vistas.
As you step inside the home, sit down and take off your boots in the adorable entryway before entering into the hallway and grand staircase. There are two en-suite bedrooms, the first conveniently located on the first floor, designed for wheelchair accessibility. The laundry room with a side door leading to the other side of the covered porch and fenced side yard, perfect for the family pet. The heated garage is off the laundry room and features a large owner's closet, perfect to store some of that outdoor gear you're sure to use. Leading toward the back of the house, there is a 3/4 bath, followed by the large kitchen with a walk-in pantry, breakfast nook, family room, and dining room area, all of which are surrounded by a massive wall of windows leading to the back porch and taking in those beautiful East River and mountain views. On the second floor, you'll find the second en-suite bedroom overlooking the river and bathroom which features double sinks, jetted tub, and a shower. You'll feel the victorian charm in the "tower" bedroom, featuring a round wall of tall windows all looking out towards the river, and a vaulted pendulum ceiling. Next door is another large bedroom, then down the hall to a full bath. Heading down the next hallway, you'll find some privacy with another 3/4 bath and oversized bedroom that looks towards the front of the house, perfect for a den, hobby room, or bunk room. On the third floor is another large bedroom, 3/4 bath and a loft area which can act for more sleeping space or nice home office. This home underwent a major renovation in 2012 improving on the floor plan and adding extra living space. There is a central vacuum system, sprinkler system for the manicured lawn, and comes fully furnished, minus some misc. pieces and personal items. With 6 bedrooms and 6 baths plus a loft, you'll have ample room for a home office (or two), a playroom, a 2nd living space, a bunk room, or an art studio, you name it; this house has the space to meet your needs. The home comes fully furnished except for a few furniture pieces, personal pictures, and personal items.
- Overlooks the East River
- 360-degree mountain views
- Sits on 1/2 Acre
- Victorian-style home
- 4040 sq. ft. of living space
- Three stories
- Six bedrooms plus loft
- Oversized bedroom perfect for extra den, home office, hobby room
- Six bathrooms: four 3/4 bath and two full size
- 2 Ensuite bedrooms & baths; one on the main level designed for wheelchair access
- Covered, lighted wrap around porch overlooking the river
- Side door off of laundry room leading to fenced side yard
- 2 car heated attached garage with large owner's closet
- Central water & sewer
- Gas in-floor heat on the main & second floor; electric baseboard third floor
- Central vacuum system
- Sprinkler system
- Major renovation in 2012 improving on the floor plan and adding additional living space.
ADDITIONAL ACREAGE AVAILABLE
- If you want more yard space, or more views of the river, the lot next door is also for sale. It is .61 acres and also backs up to and overlooks the river. Currently priced at $300,000. See the listing details on our website or give me a call; Barb Myers (970) 209-9941.
- This home is located in the River Rim subdivision and within the Crested Butte South HOA so there is a bounty of recreation to be had in and around the neighborhood. Just a block away is Red Mountain Park, where you will find a playground, pump track, baseball & soccer field, tennis court, basketball court, community gardens & composting for your summertime excitement, and a hockey rink plus skating pond with warming hut for the wintertime fun. There are also more than 5 kilometers of groomed Nordic trails for classic and skate skiing, as well as snowshoeing, just adjacent to CB South. The community purchased a conservation easement along the East River bordering the community to protect the wetlands and diverse habitat and allows homeowners access to fish and explore the wildlife.
- CB South is also home to its ever-growing commercial district. It features a restaurant, coffee shop, liquor store, flower shop, dentist office, gym, convenience store, and more. With all these amenities at your fingertips, you'll never have to leave!
- However, there is always so much to do in Crested Butte and the Gunnison Valley. Just outside the neighborhood you can go explore "the caves" up on the hill overlooking the area or jump on your bike or hike the many nearby trails. The biking and hiking trails amongst Crested Butte are some of the best in the state!
- If you like to golf, there is the Robert Trent Jones II-designed 18-hole golf course in Skyland's Club at Crested Butte, only 5 minutes up the road. You are also an easy 15-minute drive north to Crested Butte Mountain Resort where you can downhill ski to your heart's content.
- If you are wanting to get on the water, you can fish the many rivers found in Crested Butte, Almont, and Gunnison plus go boating, ice fishing on Blue Mesa Reservoir, located just about 45 minutes away. The area is stocked with brown, rainbow, kokanee salmon, and lake trout. The rivers are also fun for white-water rafting, kayaking, or tubing!
- If you are wondering about the hunting in Crested Butte and Gunnison, you'll be pleasantly surprised that Gunnison County is home to some of the best Big Game hunting in Colorado including trophy elk, mule deer, black bear, mountain lion, moose, bighorn sheep, and antelope. The Game Management Units include #'s 53, 54, 55, 67, and 551.
- The historical town of Crested Butte is less than 10 minutes away. Here you can wander the main street of Elk Avenue where you can enjoy the colorful buildings lined up along the street and visit the many charming shops, or enjoy a meal or cocktail in the delightful restaurants and bars.
- Centrally located between Mt. Crested Butte and Gunnison
- 10 minutes north of Almont
- 9 minutes south of downtown Crested Butte
- 15 minutes to Mt. Crested Butte
- 20 minutes north of Gunnison - home to Western State University, Jet-Service Gunnison Crested Butte Regional Airport, Gunnison Valley Hospital, City Market and Safeway grocery stores, and Walmart
- 70 minutes to Montrose Regional Airport
- 5 hours to Denver International Airport