Captivating East River Views, Crested Butte, CO
SOLD | 0.61± Acres
Crested Butte, Colorado
Captivating East River Views, Crested Butte, CO
Address: 207 Kubler Street
City/ST/ZIP: Crested Butte, Colorado, 81224
County: Gunnison County
207 Kubler Street is the perfect location to build your dream home in the mountains. You will be hard-pressed to find views of the mountains AND the water, but this flat, easy to build on Lot has just that. It sits on .61 acres and overlooks the East River where you can see and hear the movement of the rushing water below. Your backdrop will be the amazing mountain peaks of Red, Round, and Whetstone and Mt. Crested Butte in the front yard. Imagine lounging on your back deck and being captivated by such beauty and majestic sounds of the river. It is truly breathtaking!
LOCATION AND RECREATION
- CB South is centrally located, with an easy 9-minute drive just south of downtown Crested Butte, 15 minutes to the ski resort in Mt. Crested Butte, and only 20 minutes north of Gunnison. The free bus shuttle stops at the community town park if you don't feel like driving. The amenities in CB South are plentiful year-round. During the non-snowy months, there's tennis, a large ball field for soccer and baseball, a huge playground, a basketball court, and a community garden. You can spend an hour hiking to "the caves", located just outside the neighborhood, or hit the nearby bike trails. You'll also have access to the conservation easement along the East River that borders the community that the homeowners association purchased, allowing you to fish and enjoy the wildlife. Winter activities will not disappoint in that there is a hockey rink and skating pond with a warming hut or go hit the Nordic trails, groomed for classic and skate skiing or snowshoeing.
- The commercial district in CB South is growing by leaps and bounds! Some of the staples of the community have been Camp 4 Coffee, the CBS General Store, Little Red School House, Alpengardner and Red Mountain Liquors, to name a few, but over the recent years a fitness center, Tully's restaurant, interior design showroom, physical therapy office, a couple eateries, and the newly built dentist office have been added....and it keeps growing. It is the perfect addition to this ever-growing community!
- The outdoor recreation is second to none in the Gunnison Valley. There is something for everyone every season of the year!
- Summer is full-on hiking, mountain or road biking, along the miles and miles of trails and roadways. You can explore a new trail each and everyday! If getting on the water is your thing, whether it is to fish or kayak, the rivers are calling your name. You'll be able to fish for that record-size rainbow, brown, kokanee salmon, or lake trout on the Taylor, East, or Gunnison Rivers, to name a few of the local rivers. Blue Mesa is less than an hour away, home to Colorado's largest body of water, where you can take the boat out for the day and also ice fish in the winter.
- Fall means hunting here in the Gunnison Valley. The Game Management Units around the area include #53, 54, 55, 67, and 551. Approximately 80% of Gunnison County is public land, so you will have a ton of terrain to find that trophy elk, mule deer, black bear, mountain lion moose, bighorn sheep, or antelope!
- After a day of outdoor recreation, head to charming downtown Crested Butte where you can enjoy a great meal or drink in one of the delicious restaurants and bars and wander down Elk Avenue shopping in the quaint shops along the way. You'll love the feel of Crested Butte's historic mining town vibe and friendly folks.
- Nearby Gunnison offers 2 grocery stores, Walmart, lots of restaurants, and is home to Gunnison Valley Hospital, Western State University, and jet service Crested Butte/Gunnison Regional Airport. Denver International Airport is 5 hours away.
- If you are interested in living in the mountains of Crested Butte and want to build the riverfront home you are dreaming of, this parcel at 207 Kubler Street is perfect.
NOTE: The charming Victorian-style home next door, offering 6 Bedrooms and 6 Baths, is currently for sale if you don't want to build, but love the thought of more river to look down upon. Currently price $1,600,000. See our website or call me for details. Barb Myers (970) 209-9941.
Las Animas County, ColoradoAs the springs in the forested mountains high above feed the streams and arroyos below, the terrain begins to open up all around this magnificent setting. From The highest elevations at Fishers Peak to the meadows to the foothills further north is where the wide-open spaces begin in Colorado. The front door to this magnificent big country is the Buffalo Creek Ranch. TREMENDOUS Investment Opportunity in an unbeatable setting! This rare combination of ranching, hunting, and recreation, with miles of a deep winding creek,is set in the magnificent Sangre de Cristo Mountains in unspoiled So CO! The approx8,076± acres$6,650,000
Montrose County, ColoradoBurro Creek Mesa consists of 160 acres of prime big game hunting in one of the most sought-after game management units in all of Colorado, GMU 61! Located near the town of Nucla, CO, this secluded ranch is completely surrounded by BLM which then gives way to thousands of acres of national forest up above on the Uncompahgre Plateau. With recently updated off-grid cabins and outbuildings, all you need to do is show up and enjoy the wildlife and mountains views! See below for further details on landowner vouchers, water rights, and ranch attributes. You'll be hard-pressed to find160± acres$750,000
Dolores County, ColoradoThe Crowley Ranch is composed of 1096 acres situated in Dove Creek and is some of the best Agriculture ground and habitat around Dove Creek. The workings of the Ranch has been meticulously maintained to produce the best organic fields around. With splendid mountain views in all four compass directions, this sleepy town derives its name from the wild doves inhabiting local waterways. These days, abundant yields from local farms make Dove Creek better known as one of the pinto bean capitals of the world. With the agriculture ground and the plenty of cover Dove Creek hold tons of1,096± acres$1,644,000
Still looking for the perfect property? Reach out to us today and let us help you.