Andrus Draw Ranch
*NO SHOWINGS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE* Andrus Draw Ranch is located near Kaycee, Wyoming and is an extremely functional and versatile property that offers live water, year-round grazing opportunities, easy access, and gorgeous views of the Bighorn Mountains. Incorporating 647± contiguous acres, this property is unimproved and unencumbered by conservation easements, and provides access to thousands of acres of public land. Whether you are a rancher looking to start or add to your operation, or a hunter who is looking for a great Big Game and Upland Bird property, Andrus Draw Ranch has it all. Rolling hills, small creeks, and deep draws make for the perfect high plains cover, whether it be for cattle or wildlife. The city of Casper is an hour to the South, and towns of Buffalo and Sheridan are located to the North, all of which offer the creature comforts and amenities, including two regional airports.
HUNTING & RECREATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
Andrus Draw Ranch is almost completely surrounded by public land (BLM & State) allowing the next owner to take advantage of the various recreational opportunities that this landscape provides. Whether that be big game hunting, upland bird hunting, horseback riding, hiking, camping, or just enjoying the views of the snow-capped Bighorn Mountains, you're only limited by your sense of adventure! Andrus Creek runs through the property and provides a consistent water source for the various species of wildlife that call this area home.
- Boarders thousands of acres of public BLM and State land
- ANTELOPE (Unit 113) 100% Draw for residents with 0 Preference Points. Non-residents 100% draw for rifle with 2 Preference Points on the Special Tag. All hunters may add an Archery Stamp to hunt during archery season
- DEER (Unit 31) General Unit for White-tail and Mule Deer
- ELK (Unit 129) General Unit for Elk
- GRAY PARTRIDGE - 2023 Season open Sept 15 - Feb 28th. Daily Bag Limit = 5. Annual Possession Limit = 15
Additional wildlife species include Waterfowl, Coyotes, Prairie Dogs, Rabbits, Fox, and various birds including Bald Eagles and Raptors.
This ranch is well suited for a cattle rancher to start or add to their operation. The next owner may also choose to lease the grazing rights out to a local rancher. Vegetation in this region consists mostly of short-grass or mixed-grass prairie with Sagebrush and Greasewood shrubs. The ranch is well watered naturally by Andrus Creek and the various coulees and draws provide good protection for both wildlife and livestock.
The property borders Public Land except for a small stretch of neighboring private property on the Southeast corner.
- A year-round creek flows through the property
- Favorable terrain for grazing and cover
- A well-maintained private road runs through the NW part of the property
- Extremely low property taxes in one of the most tax-friendly states in the U.S.
Andrus Draw Ranch is located less than two miles east of I-25, and 15 minutes Southeast of Kaycee, Wy. Kaycee is a small town that provides the necessities, including gas stations, grocery store, restaurants, and public schools. Less than an hour South of the property is the city of Casper, WY, which offers all the amenities of a big city including big box retail stores, a regional airport, museums, arenas, and a wide variety of restaurants. The North Platte River runs through Casper and provides world-class fishing between Casper and Alcova Reservoir (this is where the famed “Grey’s Reef” section of the North Platte River is located).
Heading North from the ranch are the popular Western towns of Buffalo and Sheridan. Buffalo is steeped in Western heritage and history and provides a variety of shopping, restaurants, historical places, and hotels. The larger town of Sheridan, 30 minutes north of Buffalo, has a vibrant culture with everything from the famous King Ropes Saddle Museum and tack store, to the WYO Theater that boasts world-class shows and concerts. Both Sheridan and Buffalo provide direct access to the Bighorn Mountains and all the beauty and recreational opportunities one could ever ask for!
- Year-round access to property via a private road
- Less than a one-hour drive to Casper and its regional airport, shopping, and museums
- Close to the Bighorn Mountains, Cloud Peak Wildlife Area, and numerous historic sites
- No homes or buildings in sight from the property!
If you have been looking for land for very long, you know what a great value this property is! This property is conveniently accessed year-around and provides the privacy and open space that Wyoming is known for (not to mention its located in one of the most tax-friendly states in the U.S). This one won’t last long!