Third Park Ranch
Third Park Ranch consists of 160+/- acres of big game hunting in one of the most sought-after game management units in all of Colorado, GMU 61! Located near the town of Nucla, CO, this ranch boarders BLM on two sides which then gives way to thousands of acres of national forest up above on the Uncompahgre Plateau. With power and a well already on the property come build your dream home or hunting cabin. 360 degree views of the San Juan Mountains and the La Sal Mountains in Utah!
You'll be hard-pressed to find a better GMU that offers trophy hunting for both elk and mule deer and is still relatively easy for landowners who qualify for the Land Owner Preference Program to obtain landowner vouchers. The state manages this unit as a high-quality hunt putting more emphasis on the experience vs. opportunity. As a result of these strict management practices licenses are extremely difficult for the public to obtain. As an example, it takes a resident 14 years to guarantee a unit-wide archery tag and a non-resident 21 years! As a landowner enrolled in the LPP you can draw any elk tag available with 0-2 preference pts. For instance, a landowner with one preference point has 69% odds of drawing a unit-wide archery elk tag. Some of the rifle seasons are even easier to draw a landowner voucher! Deer draw odds are pretty similar with most seasons taking landowners 1-2 pts to draw. With the vast majority of GMU 61 being comprised of public lands, ranches like this don't come to the market very often. With the added benefit of adjoining difficult to reach public lands you'll be hard-pressed to find a better deal for this price point in this GMU.
- Deep well producing great water.
- Power connection box ready to run to any structure.
- Septic tank.
- Perimeter fencing.
- Property is not burdened with any conservation easements leaving a new owner the opportunity to explore this option for themselves!
- Access is year-round.
- 7.2 miles to Nucla Co. (Hardware / Ranch supply stores / Gas)
- 12 miles to Naturita Co. (Groceries, Family Dollar, & General needs)
- 63 Miles to Telluride Co. (Winter Skiing / Summer Sports, Fine Dining)
- 100 miles to Montrose Co. or Grand Junction Co. (Walmart / Airport)
- 2hrs. to Moab and Arches National Park
- 2hr 45 mins. to Mesa Verde, 6hrs. to Zion & Grand Canyon National Parks
Call Keith today for your private showing . 970-975-0725