Raton Park Ranch
Raton Park Ranch located south of Del Norte, just a short drive from Monte Vista, is a 510+/- acres, secluded property with varied terrain from rolling, grassy, meadows to pine and aspen covered mountains and live creek. Remarkable panoramic views of the San Luis Valley stretch as far as the eye can see. The land borders National Forest on three sides, which offer additional hunting, hiking, and camping opportunities.
- Borders over 200,000 acres of Rio Grande National Forest
- Elevation 9,400-10,000 feet
- 385 yards of Middle Fork Creek
- 3.75 miles of a private road with shared access (behind three locked gates, and only three owners behind the last gate)
- Zoned Vacant Land, Annual taxes $8,665.94
- GMU 80
- Elk, Deer, Turkey, Bear, and Mountain Lion hunting
- Over-The-Counter licenses for Elk for Archery and 2nd and 3rd Rifle seasons
- Five Month, Private Land Only, Cow Elk List B License
- The Rio Grande River is just as popular for fishing as it is rafting. The river has a designated Gold Medal Trout section with an abundance of native species among Colorado's "least-touched" waters.
- The Rio Grande River is an easy day out on the water. In general, most trips consist of Class I, II, and III rapids. Adventurous rafters can find Class III and IV rapids in the Upper Box Section.
- Rock Climbing at Penitente Canyon features more than 300 sport-climbing routes.
- 34 miles (38 minutes) to Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Monte Vista 16 minutes (13mi)
- South Fork 17 minutes (15mi)
- La Garita 20 minutes (14mi)
- Alamosa 36 minutes (31mi)
- Pagosa Springs 1 hour and 7 minutes (58.3mi)
- San Luis Valley Regional Airport (ALS) 39 minutes (33mi)
With just a short drive to local repairs, restaurants, and fuel, this peaceful sanctuary is just far enough to enjoy a relaxing getaway but still close enough to find the amenities you need. Call Darrell Fisher 719-252-8244.