Raton Park Ranch
$795,000 | 510± Acres
Monte Vista, Colorado
Raton Park Ranch
City/ST/ZIP: Monte Vista, Colorado, 81144
County: Rio Grande County
Lifestyles: Bear, Cattle, Elk, Mule Deer
Raton Park Ranch located south of Del Norte, just a short drive from Monte Vista, is a 510+/- acres, secluded property with varied terrain from rolling, grassy, meadows to pine and aspen covered mountains and live creek. Remarkable panoramic views of the San Luis Valley stretch as far as the eye can see. The land borders National Forest on three sides, which offer additional hunting, hiking, and camping opportunities.
- Borders over 200,000 acres of Rio Grande National Forest
- Elevation 9,400-10,000 feet
- 385 yards of Middle Fork Creek
- 3.75 miles of a private road with shared access (behind three locked gates, and only three owners behind the last gate)
- Zoned Vacant Land, Annual taxes $8,665.94
- GMU 80
- Elk, Deer, Turkey, Bear, and Mountain Lion hunting
- Over-The-Counter licenses for Elk for Archery and 2nd and 3rd Rifle seasons
- Five Month, Private Land Only, Cow Elk List B License
- The Rio Grande River is just as popular for fishing as it is rafting. The river has a designated Gold Medal Trout section with an abundance of native species among Colorado's "least-touched" waters.
- The Rio Grande River is an easy day out on the water. In general, most trips consist of Class I, II, and III rapids. Adventurous rafters can find Class III and IV rapids in the Upper Box Section.
- Rock Climbing at Penitente Canyon features more than 300 sport-climbing routes.
- 34 miles (38 minutes) to Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Monte Vista 16 minutes (13mi)
- South Fork 17 minutes (15mi)
- La Garita 20 minutes (14mi)
- Alamosa 36 minutes (31mi)
- Pagosa Springs 1 hour and 7 minutes (58.3mi)
- San Luis Valley Regional Airport (ALS) 39 minutes (33mi)
With just a short drive to local repairs, restaurants, and fuel, this peaceful sanctuary is just far enough to enjoy a relaxing getaway but still close enough to find the amenities you need. Call Darrell Fisher 719-252-8244.
Montrose County, ColoradoAre you looking for an affordable tract of premium hunting ground with a small cabin? Look no further! This dynamic hunting parcel is completely surrounded by national forest and is well watered with a small pond, seasonal creek, and a freshwater spring. There is phenomenal mule deer hunting right out your back door, not to mention great hunting opportunities for Elk, bear, and turkey. Recent road closures in the adjacent national forest will only further enhance the quality of hunting. Additionally, an 8,000-acre ranch to the south does not allow hunting to reduce the hunting pressure even more so160± acres$600,000
Gunnison County, ColoradoWhen looking for a hunting ranch there are few ranches that you step foot on where you completely feel secluded from the world and are able to walk in almost any direction without seeing an orange vest. Black Ridge Ranch is just that, nearly 20 miles of gravel/dirt roads and behind 5 locked gates you arrive at the most secluded ranch I've ever stepped foot on. The long drive is so worth it as much of this heavily wooded ground is never touched by humans, the abundant game has some of the best ecosystems with the high country grass320± acres$995,000
Las Animas County, ColoradoAs the springs in the forested mountains high above feed the streams and arroyos below, the terrain begins to open up all around this magnificent setting. From The highest elevations at Fishers Peak to the meadows to the foothills further north is where the wide-open spaces begin in Colorado. The front door to this magnificent big country is the Buffalo Creek Ranch. TREMENDOUS Investment Opportunity in an unbeatable setting! This rare combination of ranching, hunting, and recreation, with miles of a deep winding creek,is set in the magnificent Sangre de Cristo Mountains in unspoiled So CO! The approx8,076± acres$6,650,000
Still looking for the perfect property? Reach out to us today and let us help you.