Raton Park Ranch
$795,000 | 510± Acres
Monte Vista, Colorado
Raton Park Ranch
City/ST/ZIP: Monte Vista, Colorado, 81144
County: Rio Grande County
Lifestyles: Bear, Cattle, Elk, Mule Deer
Raton Park Ranch located south of Del Norte, just a short drive from Monte Vista, is a 510+/- acres, secluded property with varied terrain from rolling, grassy, meadows to pine and aspen covered mountains and live creek. Remarkable panoramic views of the San Luis Valley stretch as far as the eye can see. The land borders National Forest on three sides, which offer additional hunting, hiking, and camping opportunities.
- Borders over 200,000 acres of Rio Grande National Forest
- Elevation 9,400-10,000 feet
- 385 yards of Middle Fork Creek
- 3.75 miles of a private road with shared access (behind three locked gates, and only three owners behind the last gate)
- Zoned Vacant Land, Annual taxes $8,665.94
- GMU 80
- Elk, Deer, Turkey, Bear, and Mountain Lion hunting
- Over-The-Counter licenses for Elk for Archery and 2nd and 3rd Rifle seasons
- Five Month, Private Land Only, Cow Elk List B License
- The Rio Grande River is just as popular for fishing as it is rafting. The river has a designated Gold Medal Trout section with an abundance of native species among Colorado's "least-touched" waters.
- The Rio Grande River is an easy day out on the water. In general, most trips consist of Class I, II, and III rapids. Adventurous rafters can find Class III and IV rapids in the Upper Box Section.
- Rock Climbing at Penitente Canyon features more than 300 sport-climbing routes.
- 34 miles (38 minutes) to Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Monte Vista 16 minutes (13mi)
- South Fork 17 minutes (15mi)
- La Garita 20 minutes (14mi)
- Alamosa 36 minutes (31mi)
- Pagosa Springs 1 hour and 7 minutes (58.3mi)
- San Luis Valley Regional Airport (ALS) 39 minutes (33mi)
With just a short drive to local repairs, restaurants, and fuel, this peaceful sanctuary is just far enough to enjoy a relaxing getaway but still close enough to find the amenities you need. Call Darrell Fisher 719-252-8244.
Montrose County, ColoradoBurro Creek Mesa consists of 160 acres of prime big game hunting in one of the most sought-after game management units in all of Colorado, GMU 61! Located near the town of Nucla, CO, this secluded ranch is completely surrounded by BLM which then gives way to thousands of acres of national forest up above on the Uncompahgre Plateau. With recently updated off-grid cabins and outbuildings, all you need to do is show up and enjoy the wildlife and mountains views! See below for further details on landowner vouchers, water rights, and ranch attributes. You'll be hard-pressed to find160± acres$750,000
Las Animas County, Colorado463 Contiguous Acres Located in Southern CO. Burro Mountain Ranch has several tall ridges and one mountaintop which gives way to amazing views of the distant Sangre De Cristo Mountains and various valleys and ravines below. There is ample cover for wildlife yet is open enough to effectively hunt big game such as elk, mule deer, and elk! Vegetation consists of pinyons, juniper, and oak brush as well as grass-filled meadows. There are great road systems throughout the property making this a great recreational property for practically anyone. While on the ranch we found several fossils and even a467± acres$756,800
San Juan County, New MexicoFaith Ranch in New Mexico offering a one-of-a-kind opportunity!!! This 139+ acre wildlife sanctuary is located in New Mexico north of Farmington on Colorado/New Mexico border only 30 miles south of Durango, CO along the La Plata River. The Faith Ranch has panoramic views of Ute and the San Juan Mountains in the presence of an immense amount of wildlife. This hunter's dream is home to trophy elk and mule deer. Hunt all GAME seasons in-game management unit 2a. The Faith Ranch receives 12 mule deer, unlimited bull and antlerless elk tags, plus over-the-counter Merriam Turkey, bear, and mountain139.48± acres$365,000
Still looking for the perfect property? Reach out to us today and let us help you.