K & M Ranch
K&M Ranch is +/- 3,087 deeded acres of outstanding big game habitat in S.E. Colorado. There is a good resident populations of elk, mule deer and turkey on the ranch as well as black bear, mt. lion and other small game. The countless canyons and ravines are excellent bedding areas for mule deer, elk, and bear. With roughly 85% of the ranch being covered in ponderosa, pinyon, cedars and scrub oak there are plenty of hiding places for those old mature bucks and bulls to hide! There are quite a few areas that could be cleared and planted to bring in and hold more wildlife. Due to the varying topography of the landscape, you could easily enhance the property by creating additional water sources. There is a modest 2-bedroom/1 bath mobile home that would make a good hunting cabin.
- Land (+/-) 3,087 acres
- Elevation Ranges from 7,200 -6,100 ft
- Vegetation is a mix of ponderosa pines, cottonwoods, aspens, oak brush, pinyon and juniper
- Several springs, 2 main creek drainages and dozens of dirt tanks
- Great road system which can easily be enhanced
- Strong candidate for a conservation easement
- One domestic well on file
- "possible water rights which could irrigate up to 15 acres"
- Located in GMU 85
- Elk tags are over the counter
- Mule deer tags are draw state wide however the ranch could qualify for Colorado Parks and Wildlife's Land Owner Preference Program
- Turkey tags are over the counter
- Bear tags are over the counter
- Remodeled 2 bedroom mobile home (great hunting camp)
- Electric, cistern, septic
- Partially fenced
- Easily accessible from I-25 (less than 8 mins)
- West of Ludlow, CO
- Year-round access off county-maintained road
- 15 minutes from Trinidad, CO
Location is about 1:45 hr. south of Colorado Springs, 1 hr. south of Pueblo and 15 mins north of Trinidad, CO. There is daily jet service into Colorado Springs and Denver International Airport as well as a local landing strip in Trinidad.