The "J-Square D-Ranch" is 495+/-acres of outstanding mountain views with easy access. Starting at 5200' elevation on Hwy #39 in Huntsville, Utah, and climbing toward the breathtaking views at the property's top of the mountains 6400' ridge. With power at the property and the need for a Septic System and Water Well. A small creek meanders through the Quaking-Aspen & Pines. The mild to rugged landscape is home to Mule Deer, (Wapiti) Elk, and Shiras Moose for excellent hunting opportunities. Turkeys and other upland game are also present. The Ogden River is across the road and known for Blue-Ribbon quality fishing for Brown's, Cutthroat's, & Rainbow Trout. The ability to develop several parcels is an option.
- Land: Open grass meadows & mountain faces blend into long Gambel-Tree-filled draws, with a colorful mix of Quaking Aspen, Willows, and Pine trees.
- Elevation: The property ranges from 5200' at the paved road accesses to 6400' at the open-sky ridge-tops.
- Water: While there are currently No water rights presently associated with the property, little creeks running down the draws create a cool and refreshing environment. Application for a Water-well through Weber Basin Water is needed. The Ogden River is just across the street.
- Boundary: Private landowners are on the North, South, West, and half of the East. The Northeast corner is adjacent to Cache National Forest.
- Property Access: There are multiple entrance points off the paved road.
- Income: Trespass permits for hunting is one possible income, with possible hay farming being another.
- Conservation Easements: There are no Conservation Easements.
- Improvements: The partially fenced property has a Metal Panel Corral near the property entrances.
- Game Management Unit (Ogden Unit #3) is well known for Shiras Moose, Wapiti (ELK), Mule Deer, and Turkey. Mountain Lion, Fox, Coyote, Bobcat, and the occasional Black-bear visit the area as well.
- Shiras Moose are on and off the property year-round. The area is one of the best in the state.
- Mule deer are on the property year-round and winter in the area as well.
- Wapiti (Elk) meander on and off the property year-round.
- The Ogden River is located just across the road. It is considered a Blue-Ribbon Fishery.
- Native Bonneville Cutthroat, Brown Trout, and Whitefish are the most common.
- Kokanee Salmon spawn the left-hand & right-hand of the South-Fork of the Ogden River in mid-September time frame. Listening to Rocky Mountain Bugling Elk while enjoying the Ogden River is inspiring.
- Utah has over 1000 fishable lakes and numerous fishing streams.
- Pineview Reservoir resides in Ogden Valley's outstanding Outdoor Recreation Mecca. The reservoir is known for record Tiger-musky. It is also a fertile fishing ground for Small and Largemouth Bass, Bluegill, Perch, and multiple Trout-species (Tiger, Brown, Cutthroat, & Rainbow).
- Ogden Valley is home to the Ogden Valley Balloon Festival in August. Balloonists come from everywhere to fill the clear blue skies.
- Monte Cristo is well known for its hunting but is also a magnificent snowmobiling winter wonderland. Many will start from Ogden Valley and ride to Hardware Elk Ranch in Cache Valley to see the Majestic Elk herds.
- Snowbasin Ski Resort was host to many events for the 2002 Winter Olympics. The amenities at the resort are magnificent. With incredible views of Ogden Valley and towards Morgan, Utah. Once at the top of the mountain, you can see the Great Salt Lake to the west and south to Salt Lake City. Summer activities include Mountain Biking, Blues & Brews Festivals, The Utah Symphony, and more.
- North-fork Campground turns into a winter playland for snowshoers and cross-country skiers.
- Liberty's Fourth of July event is Small Town America Celebration at its best.
- Park City and its Olympic Park, Movie Festivals, and more are a 45minute drive away.
Ogden, Utah, is the closest big city. Logan, Utah, is an hour to the North, Park City, Utah, is an hour to the east. Salt Lake City, Utah, and it's International Airport is 45-60 minutes away.
"J-Square D-Ranch" is in one of the most beautiful settings anywhere. The ranch has views from many different locations displaying this natural beauty. The proximity to Ogden River, Causey Reservoir, and Pineview Reservoir for fishing and water sports are appealing. The magnificent hunting, fishing, biking, hiking, and recreation areas are outstanding.
Make this your fantastic playground!
Please Contact for Scheduled Showing:
Kent D. Boyington Cell: 801-710-0623 Office: 801-745-0237