Circle M Bar Ranch
Welcome to Circle M Bar Ranch. This 517-acre ranch sits just 30 minutes South of the Chama NM, an area well known for its giant Bull Elk and Mule Deer. The terrain and vegetation is very hunter friendly and teaming with wildlife. With ranch specific Elk tags, Over-The-Counter (OTC) Mule Deer tags, and power and water already available on the property, the Circle M Bar Ranch offers a prime opportunity to create a true outdoor legacy property.
The ranch sits at 7,600' elevation and is a mixture of sage, native grasses, juniper, mature pinion, and ponderosa pine. The combination of wildlife cover and open areas provides bedding areas and food sources for Big Game and small game. There are possibilities to improve wildlife food sources in the open areas. This ranch borders hard to access BLM land to the West.
Any known mineral or water rights owned will be conveyed to the new owner.
There are limitless opportunities for recreation. Skiing, snowmobiling, fishing, hunting, backpacking, boating, rafting and camping to name just a few. Taos, Angel Fire and Santa Fe ski resorts are all less than 2 hours away. The ranch is just a few miles from the 775,000-acre Carson National Forest which offers backcountry camping, public hunting, and miles of ATV trails.
- Elk: The Elk herd numbers in Unit 51B Primary Elk Management zone are high. Many trophy bulls are taken in the area from Cebolla to Chama, NM each year. This ranch is currently enrolled in the New Mexico EPLUS elk program. In 2022 the ranch received 3 private-land elk authorizations. One either sex archery, One cow rifle and One bull rifle. A local outfitter purchased the 2022 tags for $7,500. These tags are for private land only. The terrain and cover on this property lends well to both archery and rifle hunts.
- Mule Deer: Mule Deer tags are available Over-The-Counter (OTC) for archery and two rifle seasons. These tags are for private land only.
- Other Game Species: Mountain lion, Bears and Turkey are also in this unit.
Thirty minutes to the North is the Rio Chama River, which offers excellent fishing that consistently produces trophy size Brown Trout. Access is at El Vado Lake and near Ghost Ranch. The 34-mile section from El Vado Reservoir has been designated as a wild and scenic river. Fish species include Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout and Kokanee Salmon.
The Ranch is a blank slate offering excellent hunting and recreation opportunities for those looking for the perfect getaway. No Covenants. The property offers numerous building sites, power lines and two water taps are already owned by the ranch.
- 1 mile east of Cebolla, NM (just off Hwy 221)
- 80 miles North of Santa Fe, NM
- 75 miles South of Pagosa Springs CO
- Santa Fe Regional Airport (offers commercial jet service to Denver, Phoenix, and Dallas Fort Worth)