Circle M Bar Ranch
Welcome to Circle M Bar Ranch, a 514±acre ranch that sits just 30 minutes South of Chama NM, an area known for high denisty Elk herds and quality Mule Deer bucks. With its gently rolling terrain, multiple water sources and diverse habitat from grass meadows to juniper and pinion cover, this ranch sets up nice for both the archery and rifle hunter. The ranch borders 120 acres of landlocked BLM which connects to multiple larger ranches to the West, which makes for a great travel corridor for those rutting bulls and bucks. Step into the juniper and pinion habitat on this ranch and see Elk and Mule deer rubs and game trails in every direction. The ranch borders a paved county road to the South with two ways to enter the property, and power is ready to hook up and there are two paid water taps. With private land Elk tags, Over-The-Counter (OTC) Mule Deer tags, tons of water, great Big Game cover and easy year round access, the Circle M Bar Ranch offers a prime opportunity to own a true outdoor legacy property.
The ranch sits at 7,600' elevation and is a mixture of sage, native grasses, juniper, mature pinion, and ponderosa pine. The combination of wildlife cover and open areas provides bedding areas and food sources for Big Game and small game. There are multiple areas to add feeders and plant food plots. This ranch borders land locked BLM land to the West.
Any known mineral or water rights owned will be conveyed to the new owner.
There are limitless opportunities for recreation. Skiing, snowmobiling, fishing, hunting, backpacking, boating, rafting and camping to name just a few. Taos, Angel Fire and Santa Fe ski resorts are all less than 2 hours away. The ranch is just a few miles from the 775,000-acre Carson National Forest which offers backcountry camping, public hunting, and miles of ATV trails.
- Elk: The Elk herd numbers in Unit 51B Primary Elk Management zone are high. This ranch is currently enrolled in the New Mexico EPLUS elk program. The ranch has been allotted 5 private-land elk authorizations for 2023. One either-sex archery, One bull rifle, and Three cow rifle. These tags are for private land only.
- Mule Deer: Mule Deer tags are available Over-The-Counter (OTC) for archery and two rifle seasons. These tags are for private land only.
- Bear: Bear tags are OTC for the archery and rifle seasons. Bear Management Zone 1 has some of the highest bear densities in the state. Fall hunting only.
- Turkey: Both Spring and Fall turkey tags are OTC.
- Mountain lion: Mountain Lion tags are OTC.
Thirty minutes to the North is the Rio Chama River, which offers excellent fishing that consistently produces trophy-size Brown Trout. Access is at El Vado Lake and near Ghost Ranch. The 34-mile section from El Vado Reservoir has been designated as a wild and scenic river. Fish species include Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout, and Kokanee Salmon.
The Ranch is a blank slate offering excellent hunting and recreation opportunities for those looking for the perfect getaway. No Covenants. The property offers numerous building sites, power lines, and two water taps that are already owned by the ranch. The owner also currently receives income through the purchase of the elk vouchers for this ranch.
- 1 mile East of Cebolla, NM (just off Hwy 221)
- 80 miles North of Santa Fe, NM
- 75 miles South of Pagosa Springs CO
- Santa Fe Regional Airport (offers commercial jet service to Denver, Phoenix, and Dallas Fort Worth)