Canyon Springs Farm & Ranch
Beautiful & hidden in Southeastern Utah is this 1360+/- acre farm and ranch. Creeks run through the wildlife-filled canyons surrounding three sides of the 900+/- acres of organic fields. Spring-fed ponds provide water & habitat for Elk, Mule Deer, Black Bear, Mountain Lion, Waterfowl, and many other birds and small game. Over-the-Counter Any-Bull Elk Tags are available for this hard-to-find hunting property. The ponds provide excellent habitat for waterfowl and other birds and are deep enough for fish to survive. An old homestead sits on the Northeast corner of the ranch, with barbed-wire fencing on several sides of the property. Canyon rims provide views of the manicured fields and deep canyons, and you have great views of the distant mountains. The wide-open skies enhance this magnificent landscape.
- 900+/- acres of organic rotational crops (e.g., Winter Wheat, Safflower, and Sunflower) have been grown on the property.
- 6400' elevation
- Monument Creek runs on the west side of the property
- Juniper and Pinyon pines, along with the Sagebrush provide seclusion, bedding areas, and feed for the animals
- Excellent habitat for Mule Deer and Elk
- Spring-fed ponds of various sizes
- No water rights currently
- Water Rights are available through the Utah Division of Water Rights
- BLM borders the North and Westside
- State Trust land on the Southwest.
- Private landowners on the East; and most of the Southern boundary
- Multiple roads from Hwy #491 lead to the property area.
- County roads are paved and dirt and provide year-round access
- Skywest has daily flights from Salt Lake City & Denver
- Organic Winter Wheat is the main crop farmed on the property, with Fallow crops rotated in.
- Crop sharing is currently in place, with pasture rental a possible option as well.
- Hunting could be used as another source of income (not currently an income-generating source)
- No Conservation Easements are currently in place.
- Partial-Perimeter fencing of the property
- A county dirt road is the main route through the property
- The homestead and windmill are located on the Northeast portion of the property
- Game Management Unit 14A (San Juan, Abajo Mtns)
- Mule Deer, Elk, Black Bear, Mountain Lion, Coyote, Fox, and other small game are on the property frequently, with excellent hunting opportunities.
- Any Bull Elk Tags are available over-the-counter, with a capped amount available for the state.
- The property qualifies for 2 Landowner Deer Tags (must be applied for every year by August 1. Check for current application rules and dates)
- The draw application period for the San Juan and State hunts is 03/23/2023 - 04/27/2023.
- The fishing enthusiast can find fishing at Monticello, Spring, and Loyds Lakes in the Abajo Mountains near Monticello, Utah. Also in the area are Recapture & Blanding Reservoirs. (Brown and Rainbow Trout are the main target fish)
- Lake Powell is a nearby warm-water fishery with lots of bass.
- Fisherman are also pursuing Catfish and Sunfish, which they can catch in the local reservoirs
- With Canyon Lands National Park nearby, hiking, biking, off-roading, and UTV riding are at a premium.
- Lake Powell is popular for boating.
- The area is one of the Pinto Bean capitals of the world
- Well known for its wild doves
- Anasazi Indians cultivated corn, squash, and beans
- Cliff Dwellings can be found throughout the area by history seekers
- Hovenweep National Monument has prehistoric villages
- Dove Creek, Colorado (30 minutes) Gas, groceries, supplies, hospital, restaurants
- Cortez, Colorado (1 hour) Municipal Airport
- Monticello, Utah (50 minutes)
- Moab, Utah (1.75 hours)
- Salt Lake (5.5 hours) with Daily flights to Moab, Utah
- Albuquerque (5 hours) International Airports
- Durango Mountain Ski Resort (2.5 hours)
- Dunton Hot Springs (2 hours)
The secluded Canyon Creek Farm & Ranch is home to outstanding wildlife and picturesque views. The organic fields are a peaceful and calming contrast to the canyons and creek and provide a good source of income. For more information and to schedule a showing, please contact: "DUKE" Kent D. Boyington 801-710-0623 / Duke@sjsportingproperties.com