275 South Flats Farm & Ranch
Excellent hunting, farming, and ranching property covering 275+/- beautiful acres near Monticello, Utah. New owners can enjoy the outstanding views of the Abajo (Blue Mountains), La Sal, and distant Colorado mountains to the East of this property. Juniper trees provide seclusion and bedding areas for migratory & resident big game (Hunting Unit 14A San Juan/Abajo Mountains). The ranch is currently farmed which provides a source of income, and hunting leases or trespass fees could be used as another source of income.
- Juniper Trees, wild grass, and sagebrush surround the property
- Elevation around 6,850 feet
- Flat and rolling farm ground
- Incredible views of multiple mountains (Abajo/Blue Mountains to the West; La Sal Mountain to the North)
- Fantastic sunrises and sunsets all year Currently dry farmed (not utilized for cattle)
- No current water rights
- New owners can apply with the Utah Division of Water Rights and/or purchase through individual owners
- Application is necessary for Domestic and Irrigation wells.
- Private landowners are on all sides of the property
- A recorded private easement provides access to the property from the Northside off of San Juan County Rd (N Long Dr)
- Currently farmed for income
- Possible hunting leases or trespass fees could bring in additional revenue
- No Mineral Rights will transfer with the sale.
- No easements
- Partial border fencing in place
- No buildings
- No wells
- Utah Game Management Unit 14A (San Juan/Abajo Mountains)
- Limited Private Landowner tags are available for cow Elk on a first come, first served basis for this area
- The property owner can apply for Private Landowner Mule Deer tags (contact agent for more application details)
- New property owners can contact the adjacent CWMU Operator for possible inclusion. (Contact agent for more details- hunting tags income may be available)
- There is no fishing on the property, but the area's lakes and reservoirs are excellent. Local lakes, Monticello and Foy, are stocked with Brook & Rainbow Trout and ready for your fly or lure, while Lloyd's Lake produces Rainbow Trout and Green Sunfish. Lake Powell serves up Striped Bass, Lake Trout, Northern Pike, etc. The San Juan River is great for Carp and Channel Catfish.
OTHER RECREATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
- Moab, Utah, is well known for its excellent hiking, jeeping, photography tours, and expedition sites.
- Golfing at The Hideout Golf Club is top-rated as one of Utah's best
- Skiing is across the state border in Colorado, with Cross-Country skiing, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling available in the Abajo Mountains
- Loaded with recreation options and opportunities in Utah's Canyon Country. Fishing, hunting, golfing, rock climbing, rafting, and much more are there to participate in and enjoy. View the Anasazi Indian Ruins at Butler Wash or Mule Canyon, among other opportunities on the south side of Hwy #491
- Monticello, Utah (45 minutes): Grocery stores, hotels, auto parts, hardware, gas stations
- Moab, Utah (70 minutes): Shopping, recreation, fine dining, regional airport
- Cortez, Colorado (45 minutes): Shopping, regional airport
- Salt Lake City, Utah (5 hours): Salt Lake City International Airport
- Montrose (3 hours): regional airport
Grab this great farm and ranch opportunity as a new owner. The ease of area access from county roads and the incredible views await you. Area hunting is highly sought by resident and non-resident hunters.