Rock Springs Ranch
The high alpine Rock Springs Ranch is surrounded by thousands of acres of National Forest on all sides, making it an authentic and rare inholding and the perfect retreat away from it all. Rock Springs Ranch is an exceptional property with four mountain ponds and a seasonal freshwater spring, and it is completely fenced on the perimeter. The property encompasses meadows surrounded by large Aspen stands with intermixed Fir and Spruce. But there's much more to this wilderness than meets the eye. The 1.8 million-acre swath of Southwest Colorado's San Juan National Forest is a well-known home to Elk, Mule Deer, Black Bear, and Turkey. The combination of large Aspen stands and well-spread-out watering holes create optimal harvest opportunities in multiple areas of the ranch, providing possibilities throughout the hunting season. Rock Springs Ranch sits within GMU 73, located in Montezuma County, and is renowned for trophy Mule Deer and Elk; this ranch qualifies for Colorado Landowner Preference Program Mule Deer vouchers. Whether it's hiking or mountain biking, fishing, horseback riding, or simply relaxing in the cool summer weather, you'll find all that you need here at this gorgeous ranch near Durango, CO. Rock Springs Ranch is a rare find for conservationists as it is a prime candidate for a conservation easement to help protect it for generations to come, providing thriving wildlife habitats or even just some lovely scenic views, not to mention the possibility of tax deductions.
- 840± Deeded acres
- Elevation 8,400 ft. - 9,000 ft
- Access is through a maintained National Forest road
- Five mountain ponds
- Numerous seasonal springs
- Working pens
- Two single-room cabins (both need work- contact agent for details)
- Lean-to barn (needs work)
- GMU 73
- Elk, Mule Deer, Black Bear, and Turkey hunting
- Ranch qualifies for the Colorado Landowner Preference Program (LPP) for Mule Deer Vouchers.
- Unique Mule Deer Seasons; Private Land Only for 2nd rifle (Oct 28th-Nov. 5th) and 3rd rifle (Nov 11th-17th) seasons
- Over-The-Counter (OTC) Elk licenses for 2nd and 3rd rifle seasons
- Unique Elk Seasons; Private Land Only for Archery Sept, 2-30th, 1st rifle (Oct 14-18th) and 4th rifle (Nov 22nd-26th) seasons
- OTC Private Land Only Bear licenses
- Spring and Fall OTC Turkey licenses
- Anglers can find plenty of fishing opportunities nearby at Jackson Reservoir and Joe Moore Reservoir. These two lakes are situated within a few miles of the town of Mancos and offer visitors the chance to fish in the shadow of towering ponderosa pine trees.
- The San Juan National Forest offers endless adventures with its stunning mountains, rivers, and canyons. The nearby Alpine Loop backcountry byway makes soaking it all in easy, accessible fun. The soaring summits of the San Juan Mountains are some of Colorado's most impressive, and the endless hiking trails give you plenty of opportunities to explore this region.
- 36 minutes to Dolores, Colorado
- 45 minutes to Mancos, Colorado
- One hour and 15 minutes to Durango, Colorado
- One hour and 37 minutes miles to Durango Airport
- 4.5 hours to Albuquerque International Airport