Egnar Ranch is 400± acres that is nestled in the breathtaking landscapes of Southwest Colorado. Close to the Utah border, the ranch offers unsurpassed panoramic vistas that stretch across both Colorado and Utah. This secluded ranch is located near large tracts of public land and adjacent to thousands of acres of BLM property. The multi-season water sources provide an abundant resource for thriving wildlife. The area boasts Boone and Crockett caliber Mule Deer and herds of local and migratory Elk. Situated in GMU 711, the Egnar Ranch qualifies for the Landowner Preference Program for annual Mule Deer vouchers, and additional leftover vouchers have been available to draw in past years. Elk tags are available Over-The-Counter for the 2nd and 3rd rifle seasons.
The property has an expansive canvas for hunting and exploration against the backdrop of the majestic La Sal Mountains, San Juan Mountains, Uncompahgre Plateau, Disappointment Valley, and Abajo Mountains. The property has a mixed terrain of cliffs, sagebrush, and vegetation, and has a private trail system. Enjoy year-round accessibility and the convenience of power courtesy of State Highway 141 frontage. Strategically located within a few hours' drive of renowned national parks and monuments such as Arches, Canyonlands, Mesa Verde, and Glen Canyon, this property offers not only a haven for outdoor enthusiasts but also a gateway to some of the most stunning canyon terrain in the region. Embrace the allure of Southwestern Colorado as you witness captivating sunrises and sunsets and envision crafting your remote retreat in this extraordinary locale.
- Year-round access from the county highway
- 400± deeded acres located near large tracts of public land
- Multiple seasonal water sources
- Elevation 7,300 ft – 7,500 ft
- Private trail system
- Rock cliffs (perfect for scouting and hunting for the Big Game that live and move through the property)
- Sage Brush, Pinions, Junipers, Oak Brush, and native grasses
- Multiple seasonal dirt ponds
- GMU 711
- Mule Deer, Elk, Black Bear
- Has qualified for the Landowner Preference Program (LPP) and has receive a Mule Deer voucher each year
- Mule Deer leftover LPP vouchers have also been available to draw
- Elk tags are draw only for Archery, Muzzleloader, 1st and 4th rifle seasons (0-1 points); 2nd and 3rd rifle seasons are Over-The-Counter
There are limitless opportunities for recreation during all seasons since the property is close proximity to skiing, snowmobiling, fishing, backpacking, boating, rafting and camping. Telluride Mountain Resort about a 2 hour drive away, and a few hours drive from two National Parks; Mesa Verde in Cortez, CO and Arches National Monument in Moab, UT.
- 15 minutes to Dove Creek CO. (Groceries & Fuel)
- 50 minutes to Cortez, CO (Airport, Hotels, Groceries, & Dining)
- 1 hour 35 minutes to Durango, CO (Airport Hotels, & Dining)
- 1 hour 25 minutes to Moab, UT (Arches National Park & Whitewater Rafting & Off-roading)
- 1 hour 50 minutes to Telluride, CO (Airport, Groceries, Dining)
- 2.5 hours to Montrose, CO. (Airport, Groceries, Dining)