Cat Head Canyon
SOLD | 94.92± Acres
Cat Head Canyon
Address: 4170 Hwy 12
City/ST/ZIP: Weston, Colorado, 81091
County: Las Animas County
Lifestyles: Elk, Fishing, Mule Deer
Cross over Brown Creek and enter into Cat Head Canyon. This 94.92 +/- acre property has .32 miles of Brown Creek that wanders through it. The cabin sits within the unique rock dike formations towering above and surrounded by Pines, Aspens, and Oak Brush. This charming cabin is a must-see with high ceilings and picture windows that give way to expansive views! The kitchen, bedroom, and one bathroom are on the main level, and the loft provides another sleeping area, sitting area, and bathroom. Downstairs you will find another room acting as a bedroom and access to the garage. Whether you want to be hunting, fishing, hiking, or relaxing, this property checks all the boxes.
- Gated entry
- 36.78 acres with Cabin
- 58.14 acres with 50% shared interest
- .32 miles of Brown Creek runs through the property
- Vegetation includes Oak brush, Pines, and Aspens.
- Access to National Forest
- Elevation 9,200-9,600 feet
- 1,647 square feet cabin with two bedroom, two bathrooms, a loft with sleeping area, a lower-level storage/ sleeping area, and a two-car garage
- Wrap around deck
- Hot tub
- No HOA or covenants
- GMU 851
- Elk, Deer, Bear, and Mountain Lion hunting
- Over the counter archery and rifle tags for elk
- Owners have harvested trophy elk on the property
- Over the counter, private land, rifle tags for bear
- Access to thousands of acres of National Forest
- Brookie fishing in Brown Creek
- Rainbow and Brown Trout fishing at nearby North and Monument Lake
- Less than 1 mile from Monument Lake
- Less than 2 miles from North Lake
- 49 minutes from Trinidad, Colorado
- 1 hour 43 minutes from Pueblo, Colorado
- 2 hours and 22 minutes from Colorado Springs, Colorado
- 3 hours and 27 minutes from Denver, Colorado
With an abundance of fresh mountain air and the beautiful sounds of the nearby creek, this cabin is as relaxing as they come. This charismatic cabin offers rustic details and incredible views. Looking up the ridge off of the deck, you can see the rock formation that looks like a cat head, the reason it is called Cat Head Canyon.
Seller is willing to split the property, to sell 36.78 +/- acres with cabin or 58.14 +/- acres with 50% shared interest if not wanting to purchase all together.
Las Animas County, ColoradoAs the springs in the forested mountains high above feed the streams and arroyos below, the terrain begins to open up all around this magnificent setting. From The highest elevations at Fishers Peak to the meadows to the foothills further north is where the wide-open spaces begin in Colorado. The front door to this magnificent big country is the Buffalo Creek Ranch. TREMENDOUS Investment Opportunity in an unbeatable setting! This rare combination of ranching, hunting, and recreation, with miles of a deep winding creek,is set in the magnificent Sangre de Cristo Mountains in unspoiled So CO! The approx8,076± acres$6,650,000
Montrose County, ColoradoBurro Creek Mesa consists of 160 acres of prime big game hunting in one of the most sought-after game management units in all of Colorado, GMU 61! Located near the town of Nucla, CO, this secluded ranch is completely surrounded by BLM which then gives way to thousands of acres of national forest up above on the Uncompahgre Plateau. With recently updated off-grid cabins and outbuildings, all you need to do is show up and enjoy the wildlife and mountains views! See below for further details on landowner vouchers, water rights, and ranch attributes. You'll be hard-pressed to find160± acres$750,000
Dolores County, ColoradoThe Crowley Ranch is composed of 1096 acres situated in Dove Creek and is some of the best Agriculture ground and habitat around Dove Creek. The workings of the Ranch has been meticulously maintained to produce the best organic fields around. With splendid mountain views in all four compass directions, this sleepy town derives its name from the wild doves inhabiting local waterways. These days, abundant yields from local farms make Dove Creek better known as one of the pinto bean capitals of the world. With the agriculture ground and the plenty of cover Dove Creek hold tons of1,096± acres$1,644,000
Still looking for the perfect property? Reach out to us today and let us help you.