The Ranch at Strawberry River
$4,990,000 | 1,075± Acres
The Ranch at Strawberry River
Address: Strawberry River Rd
City/ST/ZIP: Fruitland, Utah, 84027
County: Duchesne County
Lifestyles: Bear, Cattle, Conservation, Dude, Elk, Fishing, Mule Deer, Signature Property
Located in Duchesne County, Utah, is this magnificent 1,075+/-acre river ranch. The Ranch @ Strawberry River contains many dream qualities. Excellent hunting for North American big game species of Elk, & Mule Deer, plus predator hunting for Black Bear, Coyote & Mountain Lion. With Blue-Ribbon Fishing on more than two miles of the Strawberry River for Brown, Cutthroat, & Rainbow Trout. The Cottonwood-Tree lined banks of the Strawberry River mingle throughout the property's vibrant green meadows. The stunning vertical cliffs bordering the river in multiple areas hide the bluffs & the draws housing the Deer & Elk. Cattle graze the grasses in the long green meadows and lay shaded in the Tall Cottonwood Trees. Horses run from end to end, enjoying the acres of freedom.
- Cottonwood Trees line the winding river, with Pinyon & Juniper Pines scattered over the bluffs and through the draws. The steep sheer walls have Juniper & Conifers scattered on their face.
- The ranch's elevation begins at 5000'+/- and continues rising to 6400'+/-.
- Plush grass meadows with small amounts of Wetland cover approximately 200+/-acres. Six-foot & taller Willows run along the edges of the river and mix into the Cottonwoods.
- The Strawberry River winds throughout the property for 2.75+/- miles.
- There are 12ea Water Rights providing water from the Strawberry River for irrigation of 165+/-acres and 1185 ELU's. There is an option for Ditch-irrigation or using an improved pond-sprinkling system.
- The ranch is bordered by the Uintah & Ouray Indian Reservation on the west. Private landowners border the property on the North, East, and South.
- The Strawberry River Road is a Duchesne County graded dirt road that fronts and divides the ranch. Access from the Strawberry River Road is readily available in multiple locations.
- The ranch lease is for Cattle Grazing and farming of Alfalfa & Oats. There are no other current leases, but the opportunity is available.
- There is no current Conservation Easement, but there is a small amount of Wetland in the ranch. New owners may consider a new Conservation Easement.
- There is an Old Log Cabin located on the northern side of the ranch that is on the Historical Register.
- Fencing on several sides along with the river and sheer cliff walls provide containment for the grazing cattle.
- No Domestic Wells are on the property at this time, but with the multiple water rights, one Water-Right may be altered for Domestic Well use.
- Required approval is necessary before the construction of a Septic System.
- No improved roads are on the property.
- Game Management Unit is Wasatch East #17B/17C
- Mule Deer & Rocky Mtn Elk call the ranch home while others migrate on and off the property. Quality and Quantity vary depending on the time of year.
- The ranch is large enough to qualify for a Landowner Tag, which application is due by August 1st each year.
- Surrounded by private landowners offers seclusion so, there is no public access.
- The Ranch @ Strawberry River Road is home to 2.75+/- miles of Blue-Ribbon Fishing. There has been high-quality Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout, & Bear Lake Cutthroat Trout caught on the Strawberry River. The river is closed part of the year to protect spawning Cutthroat Trout & Kokanee Salmon. Verifying Utah's fishing regulations and Water-Way Laws are paramount to all fishermen.
- Park City, Sundance, Deer Valley are a mere 1 hour to 1 1/2 hour away.
- Strawberry Reservoir area is well known for its snowmobiling riding, with many other areas available as well.
- Multiple riding arenas are available in the area.
- Strawberry Reservoir is well known for its quality fishing year around. As one of Utah's premier reservoirs for fishing, it is known as the best cold-water reservoir in the state. The mountain reservoir is producing quality Rainbow & Cutthroat Trout consistently. An egg taking station just off Hwy 40 has a great deal of success with Kokanee Salmon & Cutthroat Trout Eggs. The reservoir is also home to Crawdads, Red Shiner, Utah Chub, and Utah Sucker Fish. There are four major fishing areas, Strawberry Basin, Meadows Basin, Narrows, & Soldier Creek.
- Soldier Creek is the deepest area of the reservoir.
- Starvation Reservoir is 20 minutes to the east and close to the city of Duchesne. Brook Trout, Brown Trout, Crawdads, Rainbow Trout, Smallmouth Bass, Walleye, Utah Chub, and Yellow Perch are typically caught at the reservoir.
- Nine Mile Canyon is miles of petroglyphs, pictographs, & historic- sites, with campsites available throughout the World's Longest Outdoor Art Gallery. Which by, the way, is a mere 46+/- miles long.
- Heber City, Park City, and Provo are the closest big towns for major shopping items. Duchesne & Vernal to the east offer all the essential products.
- Hwy 40 has a convenience store in Fruitland, offering food, gas, and minimal groceries.
Here is your chance to own a piece of Old Time Western History. A ranch property loaded with water, grassy meadows, tall Cottonwood Trees, and sheer mountain walls hiding long draws with big game animals. With miles of Blue-Ribbon fishing on a gorgeous river.
To schedule a showing, please contact:
Kent "DUKE" Boyington (801-710-0623 cell)
Montrose County, ColoradoBurro Creek Mesa consists of 160 acres of prime big game hunting in one of the most sought-after game management units in all of Colorado, GMU 61! Located near the town of Nucla, CO, this secluded ranch is completely surrounded by BLM which then gives way to thousands of acres of national forest up above on the Uncompahgre Plateau. With recently updated off-grid cabins and outbuildings, all you need to do is show up and enjoy the wildlife and mountains views! See below for further details on landowner vouchers, water rights, and ranch attributes. You'll be hard-pressed to find160± acres$750,000
Las Animas County, Colorado463 Contiguous Acres Located in Southern CO. Burro Mountain Ranch has several tall ridges and one mountaintop which gives way to amazing views of the distant Sangre De Cristo Mountains and various valleys and ravines below. There is ample cover for wildlife yet is open enough to effectively hunt big game such as elk, mule deer, and elk! Vegetation consists of pinyons, juniper, and oak brush as well as grass-filled meadows. There are great road systems throughout the property making this a great recreational property for practically anyone. While on the ranch we found several fossils and even a467± acres$756,800
San Juan County, New MexicoFaith Ranch in New Mexico offering a one-of-a-kind opportunity!!! This 139+ acre wildlife sanctuary is located in New Mexico north of Farmington on Colorado/New Mexico border only 30 miles south of Durango, CO along the La Plata River. The Faith Ranch has panoramic views of Ute and the San Juan Mountains in the presence of an immense amount of wildlife. This hunter's dream is home to trophy elk and mule deer. Hunt all GAME seasons in-game management unit 2a. The Faith Ranch receives 12 mule deer, unlimited bull and antlerless elk tags, plus over-the-counter Merriam Turkey, bear, and mountain139.48± acres$365,000
Still looking for the perfect property? Reach out to us today and let us help you.