The Ranch at Strawberry River
$4,990,000 | 1,075± Acres
The Ranch at Strawberry River
Address: TBD (T4S/R7W/Sec16)
Address: Strawberry River Rd
City/ST/ZIP: Fruitland, Utah, 84027
County: Duchesne County
Lifestyles: Bear, Cattle, Conservation, Dude, Elk, Fishing, Mule Deer, Signature Property
Located in Duchesne County, Utah, is this magnificent 1,075+/-acre river ranch. The Ranch @ Strawberry River contains many dream qualities. The ranch can be purchased as one or in two separate pieces. Piece #1 approximately 1000+/-acres and Piece #2 approximately 75+/-acres. Excellent area for hunting North American big game species of Elk & Mule Deer, with the occasional Shiras Moose, Bighorn Sheep, plus predator hunting for Black Bear, Coyote & Mountain Lion. Small game includes Fox, Badgers, squirrels, and more. Wild Turkeys love the river bottoms with Blue-Ribbon Fishing on more than two miles of the Strawberry River for Brown, Cutthroat, & Rainbow Trout. The Cottonwood-Tree-lined banks of the Strawberry River mingle throughout the property's vibrant green meadows. The stunning vertical cliffs bordering the river in multiple areas hide the bluffs & the draws housing the Deer & Elk. Cattle graze the grasses in the long green meadows and lay shaded in the Tall Cottonwood Trees. Horses run from end to end, enjoying the acres of freedom.
- Cottonwood Trees line the winding river, with Pinyon & Juniper Pines scattered over the bluffs and through the draws. The steep sheer walls have Juniper & Conifers scattered on their face.
- The ranch's elevation begins at 5000'+/- and continues rising to 7000'+/-.
- Plush grass meadows with small amounts of Wetland cover approximately 200+/-acres. Six-foot & taller Willows run along the edges of the river and mix into the Cottonwoods.
- The Strawberry River winds throughout the property for 2.75+/- miles.
- There are 10ea Water Rights providing water from the Strawberry River for irrigation of 165+/-acres and 1185 ELU's. There is an option for Ditch irrigation or using an improved pond-sprinkling system.
- The ranch is bordered by the Uintah & Ouray Indian Reservation on the South. Private landowners border the property on the North, East, and West.
- The Strawberry River Road is a Duchesne County graded dirt road that fronts the ranch. Access from the Strawberry River Road is readily available in multiple locations throughout the year.
- The ranch lease is for Cattle Grazing. There are no other current leases, but the opportunity is available.
- There are no current Conservation Easements, but there is a small amount of Wetland in the ranch. New owners may consider a new Conservation Easement or Easements.
- An Old Log Cabin (May be on Historical Register) is located on the northern side of the ranch.
- Fencing on several sides and the river and sheer cliff walls provide containment for the grazing cattle and roaming horses.
- No Domestic Wells are on the property at this time, but Water-rights for Domestic use is available through the Ut. Div. of Water-rights, or one Water-Right may be altered for Domestic Well use from the multiple water rights owned.
- Required approval from Duchesne County Health & Building Departments is necessary before the construction of a Septic System.
- No improved roads are on the property.
- Game Management Unit is Wasatch East #17B/17C
- Mule Deer & Rocky Mtn Elk call the ranch home while others migrate on and off the property. Quality and Quantity vary depending on the time of year.
- The ranch is large enough to qualify for a Landowner Tag, which an application is due by August 1st each year.
- Surrounded by private landowners offers seclusion so, there is no public access.
- The Ranch @ Strawberry River Road is home to 2.75+/- miles of Blue-Ribbon Fishing. There has been high-quality Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout, & Bear Lake Cutthroat Trout caught on the Strawberry River. While some parts of the river are closed part of the year to protect spawning Cutthroat Trout & Kokanee Salmon, the ranch is currently able to fish all year long. Verifying Utah's fishing regulations and Water-Way Laws are paramount to all fishermen.
- Park City, Sundance, Deer Valley are a mere 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours away.
- Strawberry Reservoir area is well known for its snowmobile riding, with many other areas available as well.
- Multiple riding arenas are available in the area.
- Strawberry Reservoir is well known for its quality fishing year around. As one of Utah's premier reservoirs for fishing, it is known as the best cold-water reservoir in the state. The mountain reservoir is producing quality Rainbow & Cutthroat Trout consistently. An egg-taking station just off Hwy 40 has a great deal of success with Kokanee Salmon & Cutthroat Trout Eggs. The reservoir is also home to Crawdads, Red Shiner, Utah Chub, and Utah Sucker Fish. There are four major fishing areas, Strawberry Basin, Meadows Basin, Narrows, & Soldier Creek.
- Soldier Creek is the deepest area of the reservoir.
- Starvation Reservoir is 20 minutes to the east and close to the city of Duchesne. Brook Trout, Brown Trout, Crawdads, Rainbow Trout, Smallmouth Bass, Walleye, Utah Chub, and Yellow Perch are typically caught at the reservoir.
- Nine Mile Canyon is miles of petroglyphs, pictographs, & historic- sites, with campsites available throughout the World's Longest Outdoor Art Gallery. Which by, the way, is a mere 46+/- miles long.
- Heber City, Park City, and Provo are the closest big towns for major shopping items. Duchesne & Vernal to the east offer all the essential products.
- Hwy 40 has a convenience store in Fruitland, offering food, gas, and minimal groceries.
Here is your chance to own a piece of Old Time Western History. A ranch property loaded with water, grassy meadows, tall Cottonwood Trees, and sheer mountain walls hiding long draws with big game animals. With miles of Blue-Ribbon fishing on a gorgeous river.
To schedule a showing, please contact:
Kent "DUKE" Boyington (801-710-0623 cell)
Still looking for the perfect property? Reach out to us today and let us help you.