Lucky J Ranch
Lucky J Ranch offers an amazing opportunity that any hunter/landowner dreams about. The current seller receives 3 coveted World Class Trophy CWMU Mule Deer vouchers. The hunting season for these tags begins September 1st and runs through October 31st (weapon of choice...rifle, archery, muzzleloader) Yes, a two-month-long hunting season! From September 1st-15th, you are restricted to your 1,680± acres of prime hunting ground. On September 16th, the range expands to the CWMU's 75,000 +/- acres. Besides the advantage of accessing the additional hunting land, this property boasts excellent farm ground that attracts a wide variety of animals, including trophy-caliber bucks! The landscape has a variety of wooded areas and rolling grassland. The ranch is secluded yet accessible via county roads leading up to private roads that enter the property. Lucky J Ranch is currently fenced and cross-fenced for potential cattle grazing. There is also the capacity to generate income through current organic farming.
Located in Monticello, Utah, the city has the essentials, such as a grocery store and hospital. Monticello also has several restaurants and a golf course. The nearby area consists of Moab, Bears Ears National Monument, and Arches National Park. These areas offer the chance for outdoor adventures, and recreation, as well as magnificent scenery.
- 1,680± deeded acres
- Mild terrain with rolling hills
- Pinyons/Junipers mixed with Sagebrush
- Grazing leases may be available
- 750± acres of Organic Wheat, Safflower, and Milo Crops
- 320± acres on the South side of Hwy #491 hosts 220± acres of commercial farmland
- Elevation of roughly 6800'
- Seasonal spring and creeks
- Seasonal stock ponds provide water for wildlife
- Water-well options for potential domestic, livestock, and limited agricultural irrigation use
- Bordered by private landowners
- Accessible from multiple points
- County roads lead up to private gated roads
- The Lucky J Ranch has many sources of potential income. The ranch's current income is from farming. Roughly 750+/-acres of Organic and 220+/-acres of Non-organic Wheat, Safflower, & Milo farming are currently in production.
- The 750+/-acres of the 1360+/-acres are divided into two halves, rotated year to year on an Organic Wheat, Fallow cycle. They are producing approximately 10-12+/-Bushels per acre with a high of 18-20 Bushels per acre. Last year 375+/-acres paid $75,000. The later price increase would have brought well over $100K.
- The Non-organic 220+/-acres was Fallow cropped last year.
- No current conservation easements
- New owners can investigate possible conservation easement options
- Barbed-wire fencing throughout the property
- No structures
- Dirt roads run around the property boundaries and connect the main points of the ranch
- A septic system would need to be installed for any domestic dwelling
- Utah's Game Management Area 14A (San Juan, Abajo Mtns)
- Resident and migratory Mule Deer and Elk herds
- The secluded property benefits both wildlife and hunters
- Hunting tags are highly sought after
- Quality Mule Deer, Elk, Black Bear, Mountain Lion, and small game
- The property is currently participating in Utah's CWMU Program (Spring Creek Dodge)
- No fishing on the property
- Area lakes and reservoirs are excellent for fishing
- Monticello and Foy are stocked with Brook & Rainbow Trout
- Lloyd's Lake produces Rainbow Trout and Green Sunfish
- Lake Powell is known for Striped Bass, Lake Trout, Northern Pike, etc.
- San Juan River is great for Carp and Channel Catfish
OTHER RECREATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
- Moab, Utah, is well known for its excellent hiking, jeeping, photography tours, and expedition sites
- Golfing at The Hideout Golf Club is rated as one of Utah's best golf courses
- Skiing is right across the state border in Colorado
- Cross-Country skiing, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling are available in the Abajo Mountains
- View the Anasazi Indian Ruins at Butler Wash or Mule Canyon, among other opportunities
- Dove Creek, Colorado (30 minutes) Gas, groceries, supplies, hospital, restaurants
- Cortez, Colorado (1 hour); Municipal Airport and shopping locations
- Monticello, Utah (30 minutes); groceries, auto parts, hardware, convivence stores
- Moab, Utah (1.25 hours) with Skywest Airlines flights daily from Salt Lake City, and Denver
- Salt Lake (5 hours) and Albuquerque (5 hours) International Airports
- Durango Mountain Ski Resort (2.25 hours)
- Dunton Hot Springs (2.25 hours)
Here is your chance to own a dream hunting property with organic farming to enhance its value. The proximity to a city yet hidden seclusion makes it even more enticing. Showing by appointment only.
Contact Listing Agent: "DUKE" Kent D. Boyington 801-710-0623 Duke@sjsportingproperties.com