Cornwall Ranch is located on the northeast base of Cornwall Mountain (12,300 ft.), located about 2.5 miles (as the crow flies) southwest of Jasper and 3.75 miles (as the crow flies) northeast of Platoro.
The property borders about one and a half acres of the stunning Cliff Lake. The blue-green waters set against a backdrop of volcanic rock make for a majestic view. Old logging roads and trails cut through the timber, creating an effective trail system for maneuvering the property.
This high alpine property which is virtually an inholding surrounded by national forest, has seasonal access, granted through a U.S. Forest Service Road Permit Program that provides an operation and maintenance plan.;
- 800 +/- Deeded acres
- Elevation 10,680 ft. - 11,720 ft.
- Access is through National Forest Service Road 232, which is closed to the public. There are two locks on the gate. One is the National Forest Service the other is the property owner.
- Borders Cliff Lake 7.25 +/- Acres
- 1.60 +/- Acres of Cliff Lake is on the Ranch in the SW corner.
- GMU 81
- Elk - Over-The-Counter Second and Third Rifle Seasons
- Elk - Limited draw for Archery (new for 2022), Muzzleloader, and 4th Rifle season
- Archery Deer - A total of 25 unrestricted licenses were allocated. Nineteen applicants for 1st choice, five applicants for 2nd choice, and one applicant for their third choice. Eighteen of the 1st applicants drew with zero preference points.
- Deer Muzzleloader was 100% success with zero points.
- Deer second Rifle was 68% with zero Points, the third Rifle was 73% with zero points, and the fourth Rifle season was 29% with two preference points.
- 15 miles southwest of the Ranch is Plataro Reservoir, popular for outdoor activities such as fishing, boating, camping, hiking, and biking, in a beautiful, isolated mountain setting.
- Just a short drive South is the Conejos River-With over 60 miles of water access, and anglers will say that the Conejos River is a hidden gem, full of extraordinary fishing opportunities. The eastern section of the river, near the San Juan Mountains, offers some great locations for fly fishing.
- 2 hours and 53 minutes to the Great Sand Dunes National Park. The tallest dunes in North America are the centerpiece of diverse grasslands, wetlands, forests, alpine lakes, and tundra with camping and hiking opportunities.;
- 1.8 miles to Kerr Lake
- 1 hour and 8 minutes (33 miles) to Monte Vista, Colorado
- 1 hour and 15 minutes (39 miles) to Alamosa, Colorado
- 1 hour and 22 minutes (46 miles) to Del Norte, Colorado
- 1 hour and 37 minutes (62 miles) to South Fork, Colorado
- 1 hour and 12 minutes (38) miles to San Luis Regional Airport