Cave Rock Ranch
Eighteen miles off Highway 104, just Northeast of Las Vegas, NM, in San Miguel County, you will find an unexpected oasis, Cave Rock Ranch. Cave Rock Ranch stretches across 1,966+/- acres and includes 1,081+/- acres of New Mexico state land lease, totaling over 3,000+/- contiguous acres. The ranch has diverse terrain well suited for livestock and wildlife. The property combines elevated mesas and deep canyons with thick vegetation (mostly Pinon, Juniper, Ponderosa, Oak brush, and native grasses). Cottonwoods line the dry creek bed that runs through the Northern portion of the ranch. Giant boulders and rock outcroppings add beautiful color and terrain to the property. With elevations running from just above 5,600 feet to over 6,200 feet, beautiful mountain views and the breathtaking views of the bordering Sabinoso Wilderness area are ever-present. In addition, unique caves that vary in size are intermittent throughout the ranch, with the largest of them big enough to explore.
Well-carved roads provide access throughout the ranch. Dirt tanks are scattered across the grassy meadows for livestock to utilize, as well as the Elk, Deer, Bear, Mountain Lion, Turkey and other forms of wildlife that live within the ranch borders.
** Recent wildfires HAVE NOT impacted the ranch or surrounding area**
- 1,966.916 +/- acres deeded
- 1,081 +/- acres of New Mexico state land lease
- Vegetation includes Pinon, Juniper, Ponderosa, Oak brush, native grasses, and other shrub varieties.
- Elevation 5,200-6,200 ft
- 7 Dirt tanks (2 dirt tanks have held water year-round)
- The county road splits the ranch, providing easy access to the north and south portions.
- Windmill water well
- Two solar wells
- 20 X 40 Barn
- Access is by all paved roads except the last 20 miles of County maintained road leading to the property
- Phone and fiber optic is at the county road (Solar would be the best option for power.)
- UNIT 42, Elk, Mule Deer, Turkey, Bear, Bobcat, Swift Fox, and Mountain Lion hunting
- Unlimited, Private land, over-the-counter, Mule Deer license
- Unlimited, Private land Elk licenses in the secondary management zone are over-the-counter through a specific ranch code the ranch receives.
- Private Land, over-the-counter, Bear license with quota
- Over-the-Counter, Mountain Lion license with quota
- Over-the-Counter, Turkey
- The ranch borders the Sabinoso Wilderness Area, which consists of 29,242 acres.
- The wilderness offers camping, hiking, and horseback riding, but no motorized vehicles.
- 49-minute drive west, Storrie Lake State Park, this serene lake offers excellent opportunities for fishing, bird watching, and windsurfing, with a variety of campsites with utility hookups for RVs.
- 43-minute drive west to Las Vegas National Wildlife Refuge, located in the Central Flyway, this state park provides important resting, feeding, and wintering areas for migrating Geese, Ducks, and Cranes. Enjoy hiking trails, an 8-mile scenic auto tour loop drive, and an observation deck lookout for wildlife watching.
- 50 minutes (39 miles) to Las Vegas, NM
- 1 hour 48 minutes (104 miles) to Sante Fe, NM
- 2 hours 16 minutes (146 miles) to Raton, NM
- 2 hours 30 minutes (160 miles) to Albuquerque, NM
- 2 hour 41 minutes (117.2 miles) to Taos, NM
- 3 hours 37 minutes (217 miles) to Amarillo, TX
- 1 hour 39 minutes to Sante Fe Municipal Airport
- 40 minutes to Las Vegas Municipal Airport